Thursday, August 18, 2005

The Truth About Cats and Dogs

One thing I like about blogging is that there's always funny snippets about different people and their idiosyncracies. Here's one that I think should be put in Blogspot's portal of classics (if there's one) courtesy of Secret Dubai:
"....On 9th june (issue of 7Days - tabloid in UAE- DN), some bizarre moron signing "Razi, Dubai" writes in to express his displeasure at the sight of furry friends:

"I am a regular reader of your paper every morning to get to know what is happening around. I felt uncomfortable looking at pictures of dogs in the early morning (K9, June 8). Please avoid this. It is no matter that dogs are close to human, they are still animals."

On 10th June, "Janice Jones, Umm Seqeim", replies to the animal-bigot:

" I am a regular reader of your paper early morning to get to know what is happening around. I felt uncomfortable looking at the letter from Razi in the early morning (Letters, June 9) complaining about the pictures of K9 pups.
Please avoid this. It is no matter that Razi is close to human, he still comes across as an offensive idiot."..


I almost fell from my seat laughing at this post admiring the great use of irony to highlight a point. From then on, I thought I ought to begin creating my own blog.

13 Comments:

At 2:48 PM, Blogger Flex J! said...

ROFLMAO!!! marami rin palang magaling mang-asar dyan.....

 
At 4:04 PM, Blogger secretdubai said...

Hello! Thank you for the kind words about me. And congrats on a great new blog! I have also started a UAE community blog to help people discuss general blogging issues and also promote their blogs. Please email me at my name here at Gmail if you would like an invitation. It's at UAE community blog I've added you to the links there ;)

 
At 4:39 PM, Blogger YelJay said...

You're welcome, SD.
Glad to be part of the UAE Community Blog.
I have now sent you my email for the invite.

 
At 4:47 PM, Blogger Flex J! said...

Don't you have the tagboard copy yet?

 
At 8:01 AM, Blogger archieperks said...

gosh, joevan ikaw ba yan? ano na gawa mo jan? buong akala ko ay nasa bayer ka pa.

 
At 8:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 8:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 8:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 8:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 11:20 AM, Blogger YelJay said...

indeed, archie!

 
At 2:44 PM, Blogger silentmode_v2 said...

kabayan!

surely, there's worthwhile reading the free newspaper...it amuses me so much.

got your link from uaecommunityblog!

 
At 4:00 PM, Blogger YelJay said...

salamat, silentmode_v2!
feel free to link up!

 
At 1:54 AM, Blogger YelJay said...

as per Secret tips, I have deleted comments from known spams and added word verification as a filtering tools.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home